Friday, November 1, 2013

I've You Don't Like The Weather

If you don't like the weather in upstate New York, wait a minute.  Old joke.  But seriously, this is the time of year, along with Spring, when you don't know what you're gonna get.  This is the Intellicast forecast in my inbox today.

5-Day Forecast for Bleecker, New York

Today: AM Rain/Wind, High: 65 F, Low: 42 F

Tomorrow: Mostly Sunny, High: 55 F, Low: 33 F

Sunday: AM Snow Showers, High: 38 F, Low: 22 F

Monday: Mostly Sunny, High: 40 F, Low: 27 F

Tuesday: Partly Cloudy, High: 47 F, Low: 34 F

=========================================================================
Forecast Details 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today:
Windy with rain early. A mix of sun and clouds by afternoon. High around 65F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph. 

Tonight:
A few passing clouds. Low 42F. WSW winds at 10 to 20 mph, diminishing to less than 5 mph. 

Tomorrow:
Mostly sunny skies. High near 55F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. 

It was pouring rain for most of yesterday.  I guess the rain kept the trick-or-treaters indoors because we didn't get one here in our unabomber cabin in the woods in Bleecker.  Of course, it may have had something to do with the fact that Bleecker is a tiny town in the Adirondacks, population 558, and our driveway is an unmarked, unlit dirt road down through the woods.  Whatever.

Yesterday, Pam took Jeremiah the Horse to team sorting.  I did not go.  It was in the 40s and raining.  I didn't want to go anywhere.  So I didn't.  All day.  Today may very well be a repeat of me doing nothing with a forecast like above.

I probably shouldn't say that I do nothing.  I do plenty.  Like playing on Facebook, commenting on newspaper websites, and watching movies on DVD.  Yesterday it was Hangover, which I've seen before, but is worth watching a second time.

And now that I'm ambulatory, I'm doing Jeremiah's morning feeding whenever Pam is working the 5 AM shift, which she's doing for the next three days.  Two scoops of pellets, three horsey treats, and a half a bale of hay.  I think that's what she said.  Or was it three scoops of pellets, a half a horsey treat, and three bales of hay?  A half a scoop, two treats, and three bales?  Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment