Sunday, November 10, 2013

Happy Birthday to my Little Girl!

There are some events in your life that are memorable.  You remember them like they happened ten minutes ago.  My daughter being born is one of those.

And then there are the car keys, your glasses, and what you came into the room for.

Some things are important and worth remembering, and some are not.

39 years ago today, my daughter was born.  I was there, in the delivery room, to witness it.  What an incredible life event.

There are many life events that we pass through in our lives.  Birthdays, engagements, weddings, deaths and funerals, graduations, and other memorable happenings that we all experience.  Some things we choose to remember vividly, and others we repress.  Funerals are like that for me.  I can't remember much about any funeral I've ever been a part of.  I suppose it is because I choose not to.

Yesterday, I took some photographs for  a young couple's engagement.  I'm not a professional photographer, but I'm being asked more and more often to pretend to be one.  I enjoy it.  It is a hobby, not a job.  I don't charge anything because I don't think that the quality of my work is at that level, and besides, I do this for fun.  How much fun would it be if I added the pressure of being paid?

So here are a few photos of Will and Lola, embarking on one of their special life events.






















Life is not a destination.  It is a journey.  Make the most of it.

Congratulations, Will and Lola!

Happy birthday, Becky!

Now where did I put my glasses...

No comments:

Post a Comment