Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Speaking Sasquatch

I'll admit it.  I've lost it.  It is a good thing I'm old because otherwise I would never admit to doing some of  the things I do.

We've had what I suspect is a juvenile Sasquatch coming  around the cabin every night, and sometimes in the day.

Yesterday morning, I went to our property to stake the goats out before running errands off the mountain.  When I came back, I went to the RV to fetch a beer and I noticed that a bar of soap was gone from the pallet for the outdoor shower.  Strange.

I got the beer and went down the hill to check on the goats, and laying there in plain view was a bright blue bungee cord.  It was not there at 10 AM.  I certainly would have seen it.  Did a Sasquatch trade a bar of soap for a bungee cord?  Can I even write that without risk of being committed?

Pam arrived at the property from work early in the afternoon, and late in the day we left for the cabin.  She arrived minutes before me.  As I drove down the driveway, I saw the door to the wood shed was open and Pam was walking about inspecting the ground.

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

"Foot prints."

"Why did you open the wood shed door?"

"I didn't", she said.

Huh.  It must be the juvenile Sasquatch.

I read someplace that Sasquatch like apples, bananas, and other fruit.  Being me, I put a banana on the roof of the car last night.   This morning, I went out to check it first thing.  This is what I found.


We had some rain last night.  The finger prints left yesterday are almost gone, as you can see if you look closely to the left of the wiper.  But if you look just above the wiper, you will see a single finger print.  There is no road dust because of the rain.   It was dusted during the night with pollen.


It is as if the Sasquatch said "OK, I was here and I found that yellow fruit thing.  Exactly what is that and what do I do with it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment