Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Bleecker Mountain Weight Loss Program

At one point in my life, I weighed in at 202 pounds.  I was six feet one inch tall then, but still that's pudgy.  I reined in my weight a bit over the past few years of living on Drift Away, leveling off at 197 pounds.  That all changed when we moved to Bleecker.

We got here in the middle of May, but for the first few weeks couldn't do much as we waited for the land to be graded.  But after that, it was a steady regimen of driving the tractor and picking up rocks.  Lots and lots of rocks.  So many rocks that I think they must be breeding over there.

"Where did all these damn rocks come from?" asked Earl the other day.

"The glacier brought them.," said I.

"Huh.  Where did the glacier go?"

"It went back to get more rocks."

The last time I went to the doctor I was down to 183 pounds according to her scale   That's a loss of 14 pounds in about six weeks.  I feel healthier and my back doesn't bother me like it used to.

If you'd like to join the Bleecker Mountain Weight Loss Program, let me know.  We have several openings available.  The cost is free, and I even provide PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon) for nothing because beer is health food and it encourages you to pick up more rocks.  As an added bonus, you can keep any rocks of your choosing.   Space, and Pabst, is limited, so early reservations are requested.

On a serious note, especially if you know anyone who has HIV or has died of HIV, a long time follower of both Bleecker Mountain Life and Drift Way blogs is riding and raising money for HIV with AIDS Ride for Life.   Please consider visiting her donation page and donating a few bucks for a worthy cause.  Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug and donation Dave!! My girlfriend will be riding 52 miles in the ride for life...

    I've been live'n pretty large this summer and sure could use your weight loss program!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But after that, it was a steady regimen of driving the tractor and picking up rocks. Lots and lots of rocks. So many rocks that I think they must be breeding over there. insanity workout

    ReplyDelete