Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pam's New Toy

Before my accident last year, I used to clean up the weeds and brush on our property and the Unabomber Cabin with a hand scythe.  It took awhile, but I enjoyed the exercise.  Now that I'm laid up again, I can no longer do it.  Pam gave it a go but pronounced it too difficult.   So we hied ourselves off to our favorite store, Tractor Supply, and bought a Cub Cadet weed whacker/brush cutter.  It came with both a weed whacker head and a brush cutting blade, good for up to 1/2" brush.

They had this available in both 2 and 4 cycle models.  I opted for the 2 cycle, both because it was less expensive and lighter.  I have other devices that require mixing oil and gasoline so its no big deal to me.

Here's Pam first starting it...


and her first whack at weed whacking.   She liked it, so much that she did both sides of the 1/4 mile long driveway.


As I'm writing this, she put on the brush cutting head and is cutting all around the Unabomber Cabin, which I did when we first got here in mid-May and hasn't been done since.


What a gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment