Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Keeping Myself Company

So its back in the neck brace for me, for at least the next month.  No driving, no stooping (ha!  try that one),  no picking up anything heavier than five pounds.  So what's to do all day?  Well, when Pamela is home, we often take the dogs over to our property so they can run and exercise.  I sit in the screen house and drink beer, sometimes wandering over to the garden to see how its doing.  Its doing quite well actually.  We have cucumbers growing like crazy, and right behind them will be tomatoes.

What about when Pam is working or off running errands?  Well, I usually try to solve the world's problems on Facebook by explaining to everyone why their political opinions are wrong.  I'm having limited success in this.  Well, no success actually.  I'll have to work harder at it.

I have books to read.  I'm mostly through "Lamb:  The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal" by Christopher Moore.  It chronicles Jesus' life from birth through his early 30s when the regular gospels pick up.  Following that will be "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!" by Richard P. Feynman based on the recommendation of my old high school buddy Bob Mayo.

I also work on my photography a bit, looking for something new to learn.


I guess it is important to be comfortable with being with yourself as company.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that guy looks just like you! Love the picture. Hope your rehab goes well and you are up and running again!!

    Lynda & Bob

    ReplyDelete