Friday, July 25, 2014

Gravel Scoop

I was scanning Craig's List the other day and I found something I didn't know existed.  A gravel scoop.

Bessie has been an awesome tractor, especially considering it is only two years younger than me.  I've been using the manure bucket as a bulldozer blade of sorts to scrape gravel out of a stream bed for fill in the driveway.  One of the problems, of course, is that the gravel is wet and so very heavy.  This results in hydraulic fluid leaks.

A gravel scoop attaches to the aft end of the tractor to the three point hitch.  It can be pulled or pushed.


It has a spring loaded release lever so it can be dumped.


Since I'm still recovering from spinal surgery, I haven't attempted to mount it on Bessie yet.  But here is a video of how it works - 


It should make life a lot easier, especially digging dry gravel out of a gravely spot on our property.  It might also come in handy for digging drainage ditches, burying pipes,  and so on.   Another toy!



No comments:

Post a Comment