Monday, March 17, 2014

Are your RV's Cabinets Falling Down?

Last year, while we were in Brunswick, Georgia and living on Drift Away (our boat), my Aunt Alice and Uncle Don came to visit in their big ol' RV.  They have one of those big jobs with the slide out rooms.  During the visit, we spoke of RV life.  Alice mentioned that these RVs tend to shake things up pretty good while driving, and that they'd even heard of cabinets falling off the walls.  Well, while we were underway and headed to Florida in January, I noticed that I had cabinets pulling away from the ceiling on both port and starboard.

While in Virginia, Pam and I went to Lowes and bought a screw jack to hold up the longest and heaviest set of  cabinets.  A week ago, Earl and I stopped at Lowes and I bought two table legs.  Yesterday, I cut them to length and, using the screw jack to raise the cabinets, cut the legs to length and wedged them in place.



Yes.  It is a game for me to see how high I can pile the dishes in the little sink to air dry.  I also did this on Drift Away.  Great fun.

And yes, I have every intention of staining and varnishing the table legs.  But like painting Drift Away, it will probably be too hot, too cold, too rainy, too windy, or too nice a day to waste finishing table legs.  If there was a Procrastinators Club, I would be president if we ever got around to holding elections.

1 comment:

  1. You did BOTH table legs in the same day? That had to be worth a few victory beers!!!

    ReplyDelete