Sunday, March 9, 2014

Ladies' Weekend at the Ranch

This weekend, ten women came to Griffin Ranch for a ladies' get-away.  They were all patrons of the Cheers Horse Ranch in Yulee, Florida and decided to come to the ranch for some different scenery than riding on Fernandina Beach.

What a fun group of ladies.  On Friday, Pam and I hurriedly finished building three holding paddocks, finishing with only a couple of hours to spare before they arrived.  We were invited to their bonfire on Friday night, complete with oysters cooked over the fire.

At one point, one lady mentioned that I was very quiet.  My response was that yes, I was, but only because I couldn't get a word in edgewise.  It seemed to this guy that all eleven women (counting Pam) were all talking at the same time.  I don't know how any of them understood what the other was saying.  And they weren't even talking about cars, fixing things, or fishing.  I'm not sure what they were talking about.  But they were really enjoying themselves as evidenced by the merriment around the fire.

The next day they all went on a trail ride to the Oklawaha River.  Here are the before and during pics.

























The end.

2 comments:

  1. That just looks like so much darn fun! Great pics and it looks like it was a lovely day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think this Florida land thing is good for you (us) Dave. You only post every few days instead of every day. You spoiled me for quite awhile, reading your funnies while I had my breakfast EVERY morning! Now I log on each morning and my day starts out on a down note most of the time. No Drift Away or Bleecker. Have you started a Horsey blog and haven't told us or are we just down right SPOILED!!! Maybe it was that smack in the head back on Bleecker Mountain....

    BTW, any new news on selling Drift Away or have you figured out how to get the horse to do his business on the bow?

    Have a great day Dave and remember us poor working stiffs slaving away all day in our cubicles hoping to see something from the ranch with our coffee in the morning!

    ReplyDelete