Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Silent Night

Yesterday, Christmas Eve, was a nice day.  Our family gathered at a club we belong to where we could cook lots of food in the three ovens and enjoy a toasty fire in the fireplace.


After exchanging gifts and making merry, we drove back to the Unabomber Cabin.  It was a crystal clear night, and I took a few pics.



I took 99 photos in sequence to create a star trail photo, but I either hit the focus ring or perhaps the cold temps frosted things up, but they were all out of focus.

If it's clear tonight at 6:27 PM, I'm going to try to get a shot of the international space station, which will be passing by.

Meanwhile, it's 15 degrees now at 2:30 PM, and our pipes are frozen.  I fired up the kerosene heater, and it's 56 in the pump house now.  We're getting a trickle of water, so we should be good for showers in another hour or so.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Dave and Pam!! May you be blessed in so many ways!!!

    ReplyDelete