Wednesday, September 25, 2013

PTTD

I think I have Post Traumatic Tree Disorder.

I was up all Monday night.  Between not feeling well, the two cats chasing mice, and dogs kicking me, it was impossible to sleep.  Finally, around 7 AM yesterday (after finishing Ron's Chappell's book Navajo Autumn) I decided to try to catch a few.   Do you know that place where you're not awake, but not asleep?  You're aslake.  I love being aslake.  Suddenly, a tree came flying at me with a crash and hit me smack on the head with a bang!  I awoke and jumped!  Well, as best a 63 year old man with a full neck brace can jump.  I twitched!

That scared the crap out of me.  It was real, like it was happening all over again.  I was in a cold sweat, and my heart was pounding.  That kind of a dream hasn't happened in the month since the accident.

I got up, putzed on Al Gore's internets, and laid back down.  I was awake... aslake... asleep... oh look, a butterfly... .WHAM!  There's that damn tree again!

All day yesterday, every time I tried to get to sleep, I'd get smacked by that tree.   I didn't get much sleep.

It's midnight.  I suppose I really should try to get some shuteye.  I've been playing on Facebook for awhile and had to chuckle when my friend Rosemary posted this on my timeline...

Three Stooges: Curly's Hard Head


I don't know if you remember, but while I was at Albany Medical Center, I had teams of doctors come in to see me.  I was seriously hurt, with a broken neck and a concussion.  Many asked if I had a headache.

"No, why?  Should I?"

They looked at me with amazement.   Maybe I should point to the tree and say "Oh oh oh oh oh.... oh look!  Toothpicks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment