Monday, August 10, 2015

Tomato In The Driveway

First, this is the shed.


That's the hayloft door on top, on the left.  Its not really a door.  I'm building it in place and screwed the boards on.  I had to stop because I was exhausted from the heat and humidity and the work Earl and I did putting the shed roof on yesterday.  Well, at least it will keep tonight's heavy rains out.

I loaded the dogs in the car and drove from our property to the unabomber cabin.  I pulled down the driveway and there, right where I park my Kia, was a tomato.  A very small tomato, something no respectable grocery store would sell.  What?  Where would this come from?  We have a small garden on our property a mile away, but the tomatoes have been doing poorly this year.  How would a tomato get here?

I've read that once Sasquatch accept you, and if they like you, they will bring you gifts.  Maybe a Sasquatch saw our failed garden and decided to give it to us, and put it right where I'd find it?  That must be it!

I excitedly parked the car and picked up the tomato.  I proudly placed it by Pam's iPad where she'd find it.   She was refereeing volleyball that night.

Later, when she got home, I  pointed to the tomato.

"Look!" I exclaimed.  "It must be a gift from a Sasquatch!  I found it in the driveway where I park my car!"

Pam looked at the tomato and looked back at me, and shook her head.

"That's the  one tomato I got from our garden.  It was in the car.  I was parked there.  As I was leaving, I tossed it out the window, but my hand hit the windshield and it fell in the driveway.  And you're supposed to be the skeptical one?"

Oh.

As Roseann Rosannadanna used to say on Saturday Night Live... nevermind.


3 comments:

  1. Apparently someone in NC got phone cam of Sasquatch in a park the other day..... just saying

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay Dave-- Did you need to pull a permit to build that shed? Or are permits not needed on that old mountain..
    Also-- Do you need to pay property taxes on the shed?

    ReplyDelete