Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Gravel Scoop

I bought a gravel scoop for Bessie awhile back, but wasn't able to use it after my surgery.  My neurosurgeon said no tractoring.  Well, I'm scheduled to see him next week and I figure he'd give me the green light, and so I hitched it up.

The gravel scoop is, well, designed to scoop up gravel out of a pile.  That doesn't mean that it can't be used for other things.  Like rocks.

I spent a couple of hours driving Bessie around, tossing rocks into the scoop, and then dumping them where they needed to go.  One load went by the screen house where I needed rocks to close in under the deck to keep critters like skunks out...


and another went by my itty bitty stone wall to enlarge it into a little stone wall.


After two hours, I was whooped.  I stopped for a victory beer and to enjoy the fall colors.


Indian summer has been here for the past few days.  76 degrees at 2:30.


Those rocks should keep out everything but mice.  Mice can get in anywhere.


Little stone wall.


In another week or so, there won't be any leaves left on the trees.  They're coming down fast.


Friday will probably be another day on our land, putzing about.  The weather takes a turn for the worse on Saturday, with chilly temps and rain forecast.  It will be a stay-inside-and-watch-movies day.


No comments:

Post a Comment