Thursday, April 3, 2014

When The Cat's Away

When the cat is away, the mice will play.

Pam, Judi, and Megan have been in Louisiana visiting son Sean.  That leaves Earl and I here all alone and unsupervised.  You saw that we've been putting together a pool table.   It's going into the garage, which is used mainly for storage since places here in Florida don't have basements or attics.  In a month, it will also be used to house Judi's car.  I had the brilliant idea of putting the pool table on wheels so we could shove it off to the side.  Yesterday Earl and I went out to buy wheels.

First, we went to Sparr Feed to buy dog food.  Then it was off to Ocala to Harbor Freight.  That's next to Beef O'Brady's, my favorite pub here, so we stopped there first for lunch.  Then Harbor Freight for wheels, then Fort McCoy Hardware to get a 14 mm tap to tap the holes for the Chinese made wheels, then Fort McCoy Market to buy a case of victory beers, and then home.  It was 93 degrees, much too hot to work, so we just sat around and drank beer.

In the evening, I watched a Netflix movie, The Day the Earth Stood Still for the umpteenth time.  I love Netflix and I love old movies.  I love Pam too, but she's not here.

No comments:

Post a Comment