Monday, April 7, 2014

It's All About Having Fun

Having fun.  It's something we all love to do.  Who wouldn't like having fun?  We've all been doing it since we were babies.  We do it different ways too, because what's fun for me might not be fun for you.  For example, I like to play golf.  For me, its fun.  For you, it might be torture and you'd call it cow pasture pool.  Different strokes for different folks.

I think horseback riding is fun.  We went riding yesterday from the Griffin Ranch.  Me, Pam, Trish, and young Carlie.  I rode Pam's horse Jeremiah, who is a very observant and smart horse.  If he has an experienced rider on him, he can be a little snotty and  challenge the rider.  If he has a young child aboard, he's as gentle as a lamb.  If he has a novice rider like me on him, he's forgiving and patient.  Horses are amazing animals.

We have another trail riding business in Fort McCoy called Making Tracks, owned by Corey and Tina Rhoads.  I found this very cool video done by them of folks having fun, riding horses and swimming in the  Ocklawaha River.


Yes, there are alligators in the Ocklawaha, but alligators don't like to have fun and so leave when the horses arrive.

2 comments:

  1. When ya'll gonna migrate back to Bleeker and have fun??

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're leaving here at the beginning of May and should arrive in Bleecker in mid-May.

    ReplyDelete