Sunday, March 27, 2016

So What's Going On?

The bottom line is not much.

I've always disliked blogs about what people ate for lunch or other mundane things.  It is just not very interesting.   Most of my days are spent shooting pool while listening to podcasts on my laptop.  The podcasts are mostly about Sasquatch.  Surprise surprise!

I've been dealing with health issues.  Last Thanksgiving, I tore a rotator cuff after tackling a dog while breaking up a dog fight.  Health care down here in Florida is a joke.  Doctors set up appointment after appointment while they rack up their bills.  To make matters worse, my idiot insurance salesman really screwed up my switch from Medicare to a more comprehensive Medicare replacement policy.  It was supposed to go into effect on January 1st, but due to one excuse after another, it didn't happen.

Finally, after multiple examinations and $800 in copays later, I had an appointment to see an orthopedic surgeon.  I arrived early for my appointment to fill out paperwork, and when asked for my insurance, produced my Medicare card.  The receptionist typed my information into her computer, screwed up her face, and said "You don't have Medicare anymore.  You have United Healthcare".

What?  My new insurance finally went into effect?  Cool.

"We don't take United Healthcare".

Not cool.

So I left without seeing the doctor, got Pam's cell phone, and called United Healthcare.  No one takes my United Healthcare plan in Florida.  My idiot insurance salesman set me up with an HMO plan, not a PPO.  I told Idiot that I needed to be covered in Florida.  It seems he screwed up even more than I thought.

While I had United on the phone, I asked about the drug plan, which Idiot said would cover the $350 in prescriptions I take every month.  No, it does not.

I asked the United representative to set me up with an appointment to see an insurance agent here in Florida.

Meanwhile, I can't drive this RV so it doesn't look like we'll be spending this summer back in Bleecker.  No building, no 'Squatchin'.   So not much to write about.

In other news, I am flying back to New York to speak at this conference.

It will be only the second conference I've attended about paranormal stuff, and I'm actually speaking about our experiences living among Sasquatch.  This should be interesting.

The book is selling well considering that the market for book like this is very small.  I was in the red after giving away so many books to friend and family, but I might actually go in the black after getting my next check.  


  1. The good news is, Winn Dixie has a $2 meds program, here in FL. I don't have any insurance and my half dozen meds cost $22/mo.

    1. One of mine doesn't have a generic. That one is the very expensive one.

  2. Please consider flying to NY to get medical help. Many snowbirds we know will always fly north if they have a serious medical problem. Nothing worse than being operated on by a marginal surgeon. You end up in worse pain than when you started. Lots of good surgeons in Albany area.

  3. Ran across your Sasquatch encounters on Brenton podcast. My wife and I had what I believe to have been an encounter while staying at Garnett Hill lodge in North River. We were the only ones staying in the lodge (even the manager left the site for the night), at 3am I was awakened to clarity by a sharp but soft whistle coming from outside the lodge. It was a call...but not answered by another. These whistles happened every 30 seconds or so for about 10 minutes. I got out of bed quietly so as not to wake my wife and I was trying to work the sliding glass door (2nd floor balcony), but by the time I got the door open, the whistle was already moving away. In the morning my wife asked what the whistles were all about. I was relieved that she had heard them. Have you experienced any late night whistles?

  4. Heard you on Brenton Sawyin. I believe my wife and I had a Sasquatch encounter while staying at the Garnet Hill Lodge in North River, NY. Remote lodge...we were the only ones staying at the lodge, even the manager left for the night. At 3am, I was awakened to clarity by a calling whistle outside of the building. This whistle would come at about every 30 seconds for about 10 minutes. I slowly got out of bed so as not to wake my wife, and as I was manipulating the lock on the sliding glass door to the 2nd floor balcony, I could hear the whistle moving off...Have you heard any late night whistles at your home?

    1. I have not heard whistles, but I have heard whoops. If you want a laugh, watch this video. We come in at about the eight minute thirty second mark. LOL!

    2. Here is the link to the coyote-link calls I talked about. Watch the dog.