Saturday, February 20, 2016

The Appleton Art Museum in Ocala

I love art, and art museums.  I really do.  For decades, as I traveled around the country on business, I'd make a point to visit art museums.  I've become a bit of an art museum snob.

Yep.  Me, of all people, a snob.  There is little about abstract art that I like.  Sure, it might be kinda cool, but art?  Sorry, but not to me.  Even after taking a mandatory college art class where the professor started by telling us that he hoped he'd instill an appreciation of abstract art to us... sorry, I got an A, but I still think it sucks.

However, if nothing else, I am open minded.  And when Pam and I finally got to the Appleton Museum here in Ocala, I was impressed by these people sized birds' nests you're about to see.








I still don't understand the point of these things, but they are very cool.  Patrick Dougherty, the artist, is a guy I'd like to have a few victory beers with.  I'm not sure why.

For more about the Appleton Museum and their current exhibits, click here.


1 comment: