Saturday, December 5, 2015

20 Day Until Christmas!

It is hard to believe that 2015 is almost behind us.  Where has the time gone?

Andy Rooney has a famous quote that "Life is like a roll of toilet paper.  The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes."

You might have noticed that Bleecker Mountain Life isn't updated daily.  Well... part of that is because we aren't on Bleecker Mountain any more, but in Fort McCoy Florida for the winter.  I just can't post "Today I got up, drank coffee, saved the world on Facebook with my savvy political views, and then drank beer and shot pool.  Went to bed.  The next day I got up, drank coffee..." But so far as the last few days, I've been extremely ill.  Food poisoning from eating peas.  Yep.  My mother-in-law's refrigerator died and she bought a new one, but lost all of her food.  Somehow, a package of frozen peas didn't make it to the trash.

For you who came here from my Drift Away blog, I was perusing it tonight and found one of my favorites.  Enjoy Elmer and Myrtle.  Just click the link below.

It Doesn't Take Much To Amuse Me

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Hope it "passes" soon....

    LOL!!! Loved Elmer and Myrtle! I have to say that I truly miss your pics Dave. Especially of the friggin Pelicans! I always looked forward to your daily post. Maybe you need to take a daily walk or drive and get back into it. Plus you have a nearly complete zoo to take pics of without putting your pool cue down!!! Whatdayasay??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get back into it one day soon. I just finished my book about our Sasquatch adventures and I'm looking for a publisher. Shoot me your email to adkdave@hotmail.com and, as a bonus for following my silly blogs for so long, I'll send you a copy in a Word format.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Lilly attacked Olivia a second time, viciously. We put her down.

      Delete
  3. What a bummer, I hope Olivia doesn't get bent over this. Try and have a good holiday anyway....and keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete